"Memorable family holidays you'll treasure forever."
Red Kite - Bookings & Availability
Short breaks - 3-night weekend breaks and 4-night weekday breaks are available at 70% of the weekly rate, with a minimum charge of £190. Where a break goes over 2 price bands, the higher rate will apply. Breaks can be booked more than 4 weeks in advance except during Easter, Whit, Summer and Half Term where booking is only possible 4 weeks in advance. Prices are based on 4 guests.
4-Star (sleeps 2-4) - Ideal for couples
Set in an elevated position, this lovely Scandinavian self-catering holiday lodge overlooks our own loch at Barend and has stunning views from the main deck to the Galloway woods opposite and directly across to the hilly Colvend Golf Club and, from the upper deck, out across Sandyhills Bay and the Solway Firth to the Lake District and Cumbria.
- Prices: from £245 to £560 per week
- Rating: 4-Star
- Pet Friendly: Yes (2)
- No Smoking
Everything you need for a perfect holiday!
Our Red Kite Lodge has level access into the entrance hall with a double bedroom to the right and a large light and airy bathroom with a walk-in shower (big enough for two!) to the left.
Glazed door through to the open plan kitchen / dining area with doors onto the full-width deck. Carpeted open-tread staircase leads up into the upstairs lounge which has full-width patio doors out onto the upper deck.
Door from rear of lounge to bedroom with zip-and-link bed offering you a choice of deep-sprung twin beds or a superking divan.
Red Kite Lodge facilities and equipment
- Both bedrooms have radio alarm clocks, hairdryers & USB socket in upstairs bedroom. Blackout blinds.
- Large bathroom has electric shower, toilet and shaver socket above sink.
- Dining area has television with Freeview, DVD player, XBOX and large selection of games, plus CD radio and MP3 player. Two-seater settee. Dining table & four chairs.
- Fitted kitchen with 5-ring gas hob, electric oven and grill, integral fridge and separate freezer, microwave, dishwasher, kettle, toaster, sandwich toaster, blender, cafetiere, full range of crockery, cutlery, glassware, pots, pans, Delonghi Nescafe Dolce Gusto Melody 3 automatic coffee machine, USB socket etc.
- Upstairs lounge has television with Freeview, Amazon Prime, Blue-Ray DVD player, large selection of DVDs, well-stocked bookcase and games.
- Comfortable sofa and FREE WI-FI.
- Modern Combi gas central heating and hot water, all radiators have thermostatic valves.
- Fully double-glazed windows and patio doors.
Other equipment in your Galloway Country Cottages holiday lodge includes:
- Vacuum cleaner
- Iron and ironing board
- Folding clothes airer
- Tourist Information Brochures.
Patio furniture for the decks.
What's provided in your Galloway Country Cottages holiday lodge:
- All bedding
- Travel Cot
- Kitchen towels and cloths
- Paper disposables
- Washing-up liquid and dishwasher tablets
You bring ...
Clothes, food, beach towels - and yourself !
On your arrival at Red Kite Lodge
We provide a welcome pack comprising of tea, coffee, sugar, milk, biscuits, Galloway cake & a bottle of wine. With the kettle boiled for your arrival, we take pride in showing you around our beautiful holiday lodges and cottages in stunning Dumfries and Galloway.
All our properties are furnished and equipped to a very high standard. Kitchens are equipped to cook to a good standard with scales, hand blenders and ample cutlery, crockery and utensils. Patio furniture is available at all properties, barbecues at some. All bed linen, towels and kitchen cloths /oven gloves, etc., are included, as are dishwashing tablets, washing up liquid and refuse bags.
There is a bar and restaurant within Barend. Sandyhills beach is barely 10 minutes' walk from our lodges.
Red Kite Lodge is just 10 minutes' walk from the beach and 5 minutes by car. Parking adjacent to the Lodge.
Need more information? Call us on 07398 820598 / 07391 804682 or click here to email us.